Curt’s Trail Update 20 – 01_03
Initial Trail Report
January 3, 2020
Curt Christensen, President
Today was my first ride on our trails since the warming period during Christmas week. I rode Corridor Trails 10, 12 and Trail 5 with my Vice President Art Wehnert and Eric & Ben (from the Oneida County Forestry Department) on their inspection ride.
Forest Rider Trails:
Excellent Condition: Corridor 10W, Corridor 12W, Trail 7 and Trail 5
Very Good Condition: Corridor 10E
Good Condition: Corridor 12E, Trail 9, Trail D and Trail G
Fair to Good Condition: Trail BB, Trail C and Trail P
Willow Region Trails:
Good Condition: Trail 8E and Trail I
Poor Condition: Corridor 12W/Trail 8W
• Trail 5 from Flowage Rd to Tin-501
• Trail 5A (TIN-653 to Pier Lake)
• Trail 8B from Forest Crop Rd to Willow Lake
• Trail D (The Kobart Trail) running between Squirrel and Sunday Lakes
• Trail R leading to the County Line Station from Trail D
• Trail S leading to Squaw Lake on the south shore
• Trail W (TIN-659 to the boat ramp)
All of the swamps in the Forest Rider trail system have been packed by snowmobiles and are okay for snowmobile use. The ice is still too thin to groom these sections of trail. Expect ruff riding and proceed with caution!
The lakes are not ready to be marked at this time and Remain Closed Until Further Notice!
The Minocqua Forest Rider Snowmobile Map is Available At:
Quality Snowmobile Trails in Wisconsin’s North Woods